For the ones who are graduating, congratulations. The God of all creation has made you to thrive and to accomplish great things. God has a high hill for you to climb. Now it is up to you to find that hill and then climb it. People who reach their God given summit have refused to be mediocre. They are leaders who stand out from the crowd and thrive. Here are some things you must know if you are going to stand out from the world.
1. No one owes you anything. Not a free education, not free health care, not a free phone, not a free car, nothing. The people who stand around waiting on free stuff never amount to anything. If you work hard and earn your own way, you will be successful.
2. Learn the difference between wants and needs. The Bible tells us that if we seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, all things that we need will be added to us.
3. Never demand anything that you have not earned. If you have not earned it, you do not deserve it. If you want something, work for it. By the way credit is not your friend!
4. Be careful who you trust, not everyone is trustworthy. Let God be your guide. Lean not on your own understanding but always look to God for wisdom.
5. Have respect for everyone, until they prove they do not deserve it. When someone loses your respect, it is their loss not yours. However, you should always strive to be worthy of everyone’s respect.
6. Treat everyone with dignity. Everyone!
7. Sex is for marriage, period! If anyone says differently, they are lying. Marriage is for male and female Period! If anyone says differently, they are lying.
8. Always obey and serve God “You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him.” (Deuteronomy 13:4)
I firmly believe that if you follow these words of advice you will climb the highest hill. Stand on the Word of God, refuse to blend in with the world. Choose to stand out and you will thrive.